Board members:President name: Mrs. Maria Soledad Morales Cañás Vice President : Mr. Manuel Vázquez Cela Secretary: Ms. Maria Victoria Rodríquez Rilo Treasurer: Ms. Carmen Barrientos Mato Member coordinator Acofifa’s blog: Ms. Maria Victoria Rodriguez Rilo Member: Ms. Berta Alonso Member: Ms. Lola Martinez[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text]
History:ACOFIFA was constituted in the Spanish town of A Coru?a on April 9th of 2.001, with the purpose to inform, raise awareness and discuss the environment of people affected by the illnesses “Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome”: ACOFIFA (Asociaci?n Coru?esa de Fibromialgia y S?ndrome de Fatiga Cr?nica). In 2004 we founded, together with two other Galician associations, the Galician Federation of Ill People with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: FEGAFIFA (Federaci?n Galega de Enfermos de Fibromialxia e S?ndrome de Fatiga Cr?nica). From the beginning we organized many actions, both for improving the quality of life of the people affected, and at many levels bringing political and medical pressure, promoting investigation and politic awareness.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text]
- Change perception and inform publicopinion, mental health , justice system, government and society in general, about the problems of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and their consequences.
- Inform, advise and guide about Fibromyalgia and the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome people with fibromyalgia and their family members, in order to improve their quality of life.
- Instigate dialogue among those affected and their families, creating a network of social support in view of the widespread lack of understanding of our illnesse(s).
- Facilitate the sick people’s self-defense in situations of violition of their rights and to collaborate with them and their relatives so that they learn how to live with their illness(es).
- Stimulate and promote scientific investigation of Fibromyalgia and Chronic
- Fatigue Syndrome, from the points of view bio-psychosocial, legal andemployment in order to know their effects, accelerate the diagnosis and improve the therapeutic and rehabilitative possibilities..
- Promote and impel all kinds of actions destinated to improve the quality of life of the sick people.
|World Day of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome||Raising Awareness of the Illness, for Affected and their Families and for the General Population||Annual Each 12 May||Congress Room and on the street|
|Annual ENFA Reunion||Integraci?n a nivel europeo||2005||Versalles, France|
|Research Project: Psychopathological Indicators in Fibromyalgia||Know the psychological impact in the affected||From 2006 till now||Association|
|Research Project: Energy Battery in Fibromyalgia||Reduction of stress and muscle relaxation in order to ameliorate the flexibility and intensity of the tender points||From 2006 till now||Association|
|Service of Advice and Information||Offer solutions and alternatives for the demands and necessities of the affected ones||From 2001 till now||Association|
|Stimulation Workshop of the Cognitive Functions||Recuperate and stimulate cognitive functions.||From 2006 till now||Association|
|Thermal Treatment||Mitigate and facilitate the reduction of the physical and psychological incapacitating symptoms||From 2004 Twice a year||Thermal Installations|
|Group Therapy||Ameliorate quality of life of the individuals with the expression of their feelings and life experiences to the others, learning from them solutions for their diverse problems.||From 2006 till now||Association|
|1st European World Fibromyalgia Day 2008||Raising awareness at the European Level||7th of May 08||Brussels, Belgium|
|Press Event during EULAR conference||Raining awareness||12th of June||Paris, France|
|Divulgation Conferences||Sensitize and inform the population||Many dates||Many Spanish cities|
|Radio Interviews and Press Articles||Augmenting the knowledge about the illness of the general population.||Many Dates||Different mass media|
|Annual ENFA Reunion||Put in common the work of the different associations members||24th October 2008||A Coru?a, Spain|
|III Days of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome||Raise awareness and spread the word about the new advances in the struggle against the illness||25th October 2008||A Coru?a, Spain|
|Continue the activities realized till now||raise awareness and ameliorate the quality of life of the affected||Year 2009||Association|
|Reunification of the Galician Associations||Reinforce the Federation||Years 2008/2009||Not specificated|