Terms and procedure of membership in the European Network of Fibromyalgia Associations (ENFA)Terms
- Candidate members have to be an official, recognised organisation/association according to their national regulations.
- Candidate members must have stated in their constitution that representing the interest of people living with fibromyalgia is the main or one of the main purposes of the organisation/association.
- Candidate members should be a representative group of people living with fibromyalgia in their country.
- A starting point could be 0.1% of people with fibromyalgia in the candidate’s country. People with fibromyalgia can be estimated by 1 % of the population from the candidate’s country. For example, in the Netherlands, the population is around 16 million, estimating 160,000 people with fibromyalgia, and thus 160 members are required.
- If an organisation/association has recently been established;
- If there is the prospect that the organisation/association will reach the target within three years after starting the membership.
- All applications and supplementary documents must be sent, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All documents must be supplied in English.
- Applications can only be made by completing all sections of the application form, accompanied by the constitution in English, a proof of registration and a certified notification of the number of members from the association. The application form can be found on the website at: https://www.enfa-europe.eu/membership/.
- After receiving the application and all supplementary documents, the candidate organisation/association will receive conformation of their application. Within four weeks, the candidate organisation/association will receive a copy of the recommendation on their membership to ENFA. The candidate organisation/ association then has four weeks to react to this recommendation. Within three months of the initial conformation, the candidate organisation/association will receive the final decision of the ENFA Board.